HATTER CHAPEL FWB CHURCH
1770 Murphy Drive
Haynesville, LA 71038
Elder R J Jones, Pastor
The Hatter Chapel
Freewill Baptist Church was founded in February 1927, at its present site on
land purchased from G S Taylor. The Rev. Wake Hatter
was asked to assist in the organization of the church. The church was named Hatter Chapel in recognition of Mr. Lee Hatter for services rendered in
helping the church get started.
The pastors who have
served the church in chronological order are: Dave Wooden, A R Heritage, H W
Buckner, Willie Taylor, J E Davis, SA
Turnage, J J O'Neal, S W Wright, R L Lewis, W C Pitts, J E Davis (serving for the second time), L R Hobbs, John L Davis, and the present pastor is Elder Richard J Jones.